Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Quick Rice Dish for Dinner

This evening was a whirlwind of an evening. I had not done a good job at all for planning out dinner earlier in the day, but I got it together at the last minute and was pleasantly surprised at what I came up with.

I knew I had rice from last weeks red beans and rice. With my new rice cooker I had made extra rice for evening such as this. :)

I opened my fridge and pulled out the left over rice, had some fresh broccoli and a few cherry tomatoes. Hmmm, what to do with all this goodness...certainly something fantastic... and healthy.

I cut the broccoli into little bite sized pieces and cooked in a couple of teaspoons of Braggs Liquid Aminos. Then added the rice and a can of garbanzo beans (rinsed) and tomatoes with some seasoned salt and another splash of Braggs. I warmed some Naan I had in the freezer and BAM! dinner is served.


Quick Rice Dish

1 cup bite sized broccoli
1 cup cooked rice
1 can garbanzos
1/3 cup cherry tomatoes
1 TBSP Braggs Liquid Aminos
Seasoned Salt or seasoning you like



No comments: