Search This Blog

Monday, June 7, 2010

Guiltless Chocolate (chip) Muffins


I am a woman, I love chocolate. I know that's not the best food for me...let's be real. It's just comfort food...aka "mommy food".

I have been on the look out for something to satisfy my sweet/chocolate craving with hopes of it being healthy at the same time...

With a few other recipes combined and some practice baking, I came up with this Guiltless Chocolate (Chip) Muffins.

It truly is guiltless. The batter has no egg, no oil (except for spraying the muffin tins), dairy-free, sugar free (if you omit the choco chips), and can be caffeine free if you replace the cocoa with carob.

Then you have the chocolate chips which are the guilty party. The muffins came out moist and fluffy.


We made them for Daddy's birthday cake.



Guiltless Chocolate (chip) Muffins

1 1/4 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
1/2 cup honey
1 Tblsp bran
2 Tblsp cocoa (or carob powder)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 Tblsp apple sauce (I use one snack cup)
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
chocolate chips (optional) maybe 1/4 cup or so...

Mix all ingredients in bowl or blender, except the choco chips. Spray mini muffin tins. Fill the muffin tins and I add a chip or two on top (or in the middle) of the batter. It makes a yummy surprise when you bite into the muffin... :)

One of my little helpers like to add a choco chip on top, the other likes to mix a handful of chips in with the batter then fill muffin tins. Yummy!!! A girl after my own heart...


With or without chocolate chips they are top notch.

Makes 36 mini muffins.

2 comments:

Toni J. said...

these were really good and chocolatey-tasting! (and i like your pedestal you have them on in the picture.)

April said...

Glad they worked out for you! Great late night treat! ;)

BTW, the pedestal was my birthday gift from Kerri a year or so back. Love it! It's perfect for small cakes and goodies.