Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pretty Pink Beet Smoothie

Once I saw GreenSmoothieGirl's hot pink breakfast smoothie I just had to try it. It was just too pretty. What a way to wake up in the morning, drinking a great pink drink...and it's all natural coloring.

It is beet season around here and the beets I found had beautiful green tops that I could not toss, this time. So, I added them.

My recipe is not the same as the original GSG's hot pink smoothie, surprise...I modified it! But, some days it all differs to what I have available (or what I remember to put in it). This morning I forgot the vanilla, big difference! :)

Pretty Pink Beet Smoothie

1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/4 cup cashews
5-7 baby carrots (or just grab a handful out of the bag)
1/4 cup cranberries
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 beet (peel the beet and quarter)
2-3 beet tops
7-9 frozen strawberries
1 Tblsp rice protein powder (optional)

Blend away, maybe even twice to get it all silky smooth. It will happen, if you have a blendtec. I sometimes add a banana too.

If it's too thick, add more milk and pulse. I like my smoothies thin enough to drink with out a spoon. It's all about getting it down for me, and moving on...

No comments: